Several documents here on the trainfacts.com website have discussed the benefit of adding “earth-ground” wires to layout areas that have poor TMCC/Legacy signal reception. Although most users settle for connecting these wires to AC wall outlets or pipes, the best connection point is where the signal originates at the Command Base. Now MANCO is providing a convenient device for easily tapping this “earth ground” signal.
- Direct connection to Pin 5 on the serial 9-pin connector
- A six-foot wire to run to your central “earth-ground” distribution terminal strip
- Pass-through of all 9 pins for undisturbed use of anything previously connected to the 9-pin connector
- Secure locking hardware to assure a reliable connection
- Suitable for both TMCC and Legacy Bases
The MANCO Earth-Ground Breakout is available for $25 plus $4 shipping and handling. Payment by check preferred, but PayPal, Visa and MasterCard accepted with $1 processing fee.